“If you leave the house of madness...I will hunt you down...Catch you...And bring you back to insanity...”
—Remor to Fran Bow Dagenhart
|Other names:||Prince of Darkness|
The Terrible Black
|Occupation:||Prince of Darkness|
Dr. Oswald (Ally)
Remor, also known as The Prince of Darkness, is a large, monstrous and shadow-like creature who serves as the antagonist for most of the game. He is adept at manipulating humans into killing and furthers their suffering for his enjoyment, taunting them in the process.
That being said, like the rest of all the abnormal creatures Fran Bow Dagenhart sees, Remor may not even truly exist at all and he may just be a product of Fran's mental instability, which is caused by being experimented on by Dr. Oswald Harrison, simply acting as an avatar of Fran's own psychosis and fear.
According to himself, Remor cannot be seen in the Third Reality for too long at a time.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Remor has the head of a blood-soaked goat skull with long human teeth protruding from his upper lip and empty black eyes with white pupils, his body is long, black and cape-like, draping to the floor and he has bone-like ridges down his back as well.
Personality[edit | edit source]
A being made of despair, Remor lives off of taunting humans and watching them suffer. He won't hesitate to even manipulate and presumably possess them to do terrible things. For example, the scene in which Fran is shown to be killing her parents, while Remor is off to the side taunting her ("Who was it, my darling? Who killed your parents?") This scene was likely a fabrication by Remor to torment Fran. Fran, being a young girl, would be largely incapable of not only killing two adults but also severing their limbs and decapitating them. Following this logic, it is likely that either Remor or Grace Dagenhart (Fran's aunt) killed Martin Bow and Lucia Dagenhart (Fran's parents); even more so because of the incriminating dialogue spoken by Grace herself, as well as her strong motive.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name Remor means "voice" in Catalan, which could point out that he would be a morbid motivation that drives people to do bad things.
- It may also be worthy of note that the name Remor is very similar to the words "Tremor", "Rumor" and "Remorse".
- It is stated that Remor's mother is Mabuka, the Mother of Darkness.
- Remor cannot exist for very long in the third reality.
- If Remor is born from Fran Bow Dagenhart's own mind and maybe nothing but a hallucination, he could then be seen as Itward's counterpart; where Itward is Fran's curiosity, kindness and longing to have friends, encouraging her to be interested in things, Remor is her despair and madness, trying through fear to manipulate her into doing terrible things.
- The appearance of Remor May be related to Satan who is sometimes depicted as having the head of a goat.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|The image gallery for Remor may be viewed here.|