—Remor to Fran“If you leave the house of madness...I will hunt you down...Catch you...And bring you back to insanity...”
|Other names:|| Prince of Darkness|
|Occupation:||Prince of Darkness|
|Relationships:|| Mabuka (Mother)|
Dr. Oswald (Ally)
Remor, also known as "The Prince of Darkness" is a large, monstrous, and shadow-like creature who serves as the antagonist for most of the game. He is adept at manipulating humans into killing and furthers their suffering for his enjoyment, taunting them in the process.
That being said, like the rest of all the abnormal creatures Fran sees, Remor may not even truly exist at all, and may just be a product of Fran's mental instability, caused by being experimented on by Dr. Oswald, simply acting as an avatar of Fran's own psychosis and fear.
According to himself, Remor cannot be seen in the Third Reality for too long at a time.
Remor has the head, or mask, of a blood-soaked goat skull with long human teeth protruding from his upper lip and empty black eyes with white pupils, while his body is long, black and cape-like, draping to the floor. Remor has bone-like ridges down his back as well.
A being made of despair, Remor lives off of taunting humans and watching them suffer. He won't hesitate to even manipulate and presumably possess them to do terrible things. For example, the scene in which Fran is shown to be killing her parents, while Remor is off to the side taunting her ("Who was it, my darling? Who killed your parents?") This scene was likely a fabrication by Remor to torment Fran. Fran, being a young girl, would be largely incapable of not only killing two adults, but also severing their limbs and decapitating them. Following this logic, it is likely that either Remor or Fran's aunt, Aunt Grace killed Fran's parents; even more-so because of the incriminating dialogue spoken by Grace herself, as well as her strong motive.
- It's stated that his mother is Mabuka, the Mother of Darkness.
- He cannot exist for very long in the third reality.
- Remor could just be Fran's own Kamala, like the ones she sees haunting all the other children in the asylum, and could just be a product of her own psychosis; whenever Fran gets anxious, uncertain or nervous to the breaking point, Remor often appears as a result.
- If he truly is born from Fran's own mind and may be nothing but a hallucination, he could then be seen as Itward's counterpart; where Itward is Fran's curiosity, kindness and longing to have friends, encouraging her to be interested in things, Remor is her despair and madness, trying through fear to manipulate her into doing terrible things.
- The word "Remor," in Catalan, means "Voice." This could point out that he would be a morbid motivation that drives people to do bad things.
- It may also be worthy of note that the name "Remor" is very similar to the words "Tremor", "Rumor", and "Remorse.”
- The appearance of Remor resembles the Wendigo while sharing the skeletal goat head from many satanic cults and demonic symbols.
|The image gallery for Remor may be viewed here.|